In Sept 2015 I spent a bunch of time reflecting on Wood Mackenzie’s customer led transformation and then presenting at Dreamforce15 (slides here) on what it takes to transform. I posted on Twitter a short comment on eight key thoughts. Here’s the summary of them:
- Transformation starts with clear ambition and a brave review of what really matters. Sustainable growth through client led innovation is a good place to start!
- Transformation needs organisations to focus on clients. Customers are the life blood of any organization, listen to them!
- Transformation must paint a blueprint & a roadmap. It must be engaging customers, employees, stakeholders!
- Transformation needs you to engage your people. They will lead if given the chance!
- Transformation is tough. Manage the journey. Expect the unexpected, plan for it, take it in your stride!
- Transformation is faster if you integrate client processes. Bring customer led insight to the heart of everyday, make it relevant for all!
- Transformation doesn’t happen behind a desk. Enable access when & where needed to the key tools and processes. Life is mobile, embrace new innovations that enable it.
- Transformation, despite grand ambition, is often done one step at a time. Find time. set goals. be practical. act. #domore
Originally published at www.practicalacts.org.
Leave a Reply